November 18, 2011 marks the 83rd anniversary of Disney’s Mickey Mouse’s debut in Steamboat Willie in 1928. It also marks the launch of Disney’s ‘Let the Memories Begin‘ campaign. To celebrate both events Disney brought a state-of-the-art augmented reality experience and a whole crew of well-known Disney characters to their store at Broadway and 45th street.
Visitors who stepped onto the sidewalk marker were projected onto the 2000 square foot digital billboard where they could interact with the Disney characters. Unlike other AR experiences, many of the Disney characters were performing live allowing then to interact and respond to the participants on the sidewalk.
Photos of the experience will be captured and emailed to the visitors, elements from the campaign can be followed on Twitter through the hashtag #DisneyMemories.
- Macy’s ‘Believe-O-Magic’ AR App Brings ‘Yes, Virginia’ Characters to Life
- Starbucks’ New Mobile App Will Bring Your Coffee Cup to Life
- Volkswagen Canada Unleashes Out-of-Home AR Experiences for the New Beetle
- HarperCollins Canada Launch In-Store Augmented Reality Experience at Indigo Bookstores
- National Geographic Launches Content-Rich Augmented Reality Experience in Hungary