Here in Toronto we are surrounded by Wine Country. A short drive in any direction will bring wine lovers to the doorsteps of world-class wineries, and the tagline of Wine Country Ontario’s new campaign ‘So close you can taste it’ reinforces this fortunate proximity.
However, one place you might not expect to stumble upon a glass of Ontario wine is mounted behind plexiglas in a transit shelter, but that’s exactly what Torontonians will be seeing over the next few weeks.
It’s part of the The Wine Country Ontario ‘Drink it All In’ scavenger hunt. To win, entrants must tweet a photo of the bus shelter before July 6 with the #SoCloseYouCanTasteIt hashtag (wow, long hashtag) and mention @WineCountryOnt in the post. To figure out where in downtown Toronto the bus shelter is, follow the clues shared on the @WineCountryOnt Twitter account. On July 10, a winner will be randomly selected from all the eligible photo submissions.
The lucky winner collects a sweet prize package that includes:
– One night accommodation for two at Huff Estates Winery in Prince Edward County
– Vineyard lunch for two at Norman Hardie Winery
– Wine and cheese pairings for two at Rosehall Run Winery
– Flight of three wines for two people at Sandbanks Estate Winery
– Dinner for two at Blumen Garden Bistro
Details on the scavenger hunt contest can be found on the Wine Country Ontario Facebook page.
The ‘Drink it all in’ campaign was created by Toronto’s Agency59.